Our second test session at Rye House was a partial success but with a lot of learning opportunities. We found more issues with the kart.
We had an upcoming test session, so did some additional work to the kart to prepare for it. Not a long post but documented non the less.
After the test session, we realised some work needed to be done on the kart. This post outlines what we did.
Review of Round 2 of the Rookie Cup, an arrive and drive Cadet Kart Championship held at Rye House that my eldest took part in.
After buying a kart on a bit of a whim, we gave it a check over before heading over to Rye House to give it a shakedown, learn and see how it goes.
The eldest decided to return to karting. This post goes catches up on where we are now up to with it all.
I decided that I needed to up my RGB game with my main desktop. Built a new PC using AMD. ASUS and Corsair products.
Automation of a light bulb stopped working within Home Assistant. Community helped diagnose the issue. Found a workaround calling the service directly.
Switched out the Conbee II Zigbee hub for a Sonoff Zigbee bridge running Tasmota firmware. Gave some thought to network design. Attempted to resolve SNZB-04 issues as well.
Unbox Xiaomi Honeywell Smoke Sensor. Added to Home Assistant and then added some basic automations. Fun, will get some more of these hopefully.